Rigel’s VP3500 Open VPX 6U carrier card is the most flexible and feature-filled Open VPX carrier in the embedded industry. It allows system designers to greatly expand system IO capacity while reducing overall board count and system cost. It is available in air-cooled or rugged, extended temperature, conduction-cooled models for harsh environments.
The VP3500 features two PMC and XMC slots, it also provides two MiniPCIe sockets to satisfy practically any VPX system IO requirement. The PMC, XMC IO may be accessed via the front panel or the VPX back-plane. Pluggable IO modules allow for standard PMC and XMC differential and single-ended IO routing (Vita 46.9) plus the flexibility for custom routing options to the back-plane. Additionally, a MiniPCIe IO adapter card can interface practically any MiniPCIe card IO to the VPX backplane. MiniPCIe IO is also available on the front panel.
What sets the VP3500 apart is its integrated 5- port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch. The switch is configured with Open VPX standard Vita 46.6 routing to the back-plane. It supports two 1000BASE-T and two 1000BASE-BX ports. The 5th port is routed to the back-plane on user IO pins and may be used as a maintenance port.
- Four 4-Lane Gen 2 VPX PCIe Ports (4x FAT Pipes)
- Two Independent PCI-X 133MHz PMC Slots
- Two 8-Lane Gen 2 PCIe XMC Slots
- Two MiniPCIe Sockets (Half-Mini and/or Full-Mini Card)
- MiniPCIe IO Accessible via the Front Panel or Backplane
- Integrated 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch (Vita 46.6)
- On-Board Microcontroller for VP3500 Configuration, Control and Status Monitoring
- VPX P0 I2C Busses for Control & Communication
- Temperature Sensor
- Configurable VPX and board Reset Generation via SMB Command, XMC or Board Power Fail
- Board Power Down via SMB Command or External Signal
- Air-Cooled and Rugged, Conduction-Cooled available
- Rigel’s Standard Warranty